Sunday, January 18, 2009

Beep Leave a message here! (click here to leave a message)

Post your comments here! Click on the beep above.

32 comments:

The Purple Team said...

Cancer62.. I like the idea of the black swimsuit.. I think I want to wear a two piece and have someone sitting on the beach saying don't she know her age!! lol

Anne in O8 you saw 298 just like o8 is gone so is that old weight... Keep pressing towards the mark..

Linda I need to know your screen name on the Biggest Loser Team discussion.

Ladies this is our blog if you think of something to add to this site please let me know if you are able to add something to this site please do.... We are on our way to a positive change... YES WE CAN!!!! & YES WE WILL!!!

Linda said...

Hi. My screen name is purplelaner. Thanks, Linda

Anonymous said...

i am on way purple team i walked 4 miles today in the mall and did it 60 mins. a exercise tip for all of us might be exercise a little more each week and take it slow--------.i started dec 31 doing 2 miles and now it is jan 19 and i am doing 4 miles hurray but i need all you girls to help keep me groovin' GO PURPLE!!

u_go_gurl68 said...

Hi all!!! I started two workout classes at my Gym today and i am so sore. I had been doing cardio for two hours, but in order to keep my metabolism up and weight loss going, I needed to add some strength training.

Increasing your muscle mass causes your body to continue to burn calories even at rest. Plus it is going to help me gain some tone and definition to look good in that bathing suit we are supposed to be sporting on that cruise.

cancer62....congrats on your endurance increase. Keep up the good work.

Old habits, old negative thoughts, and old bodies are behind us. Let's keep up with good thoughts, good habits and a great support team.
WE CAN make this happen and be the winners of the BL challenge.

Linda said...

Good work everyone! This team is great motivation, you are all doing so well.

I got on the scale this morning and was surprised to find 3 pounds gone! Yeah! I guess cutting out all that junk food really does help. Yesterday was hard, I wanted to snack all day. I was able to resist, mostly - and the snack I did end up eating was almonds. At least it wasn't a whole bag of chips or something like I used to do! Baby steps, right? Have a good day all. Linda

Bobbie said...

Me too three lbs gone!! I was excited too. Especially after goint to the Dr yesterday and have him tell me my pressure was up, probably because you've put on some weight he said. He's direct and honest, I've know hime since I was 17 and weighed 100 lbs

u_go_gurl68 said...

Just check in with everyone. Hope you are all doing well.

Remember to drink plenty of water. Diet sodas arent too bad for you, but don't drink too many. They are high in sodium and still have caffeine. Sodium is not good if you are watching your blood pressures and increased levels of caffeine mess with your body's insulin levels.

Also make sure you are getting in enough protein. It helps hunger stay away longer.

Linda.... glad you chose those almonds. They are indeed a healthy snack.

Congrats to all on your progress so far.

Body By Pizza said...

Woo! Go purple! My mother would be so proud -- it's her favorite color!

I hope I've lost a few pounds this week. So far, so good. I have been within my calorie limits and exercising 30-45 minutes each day (cardio M/W/F + strength training with 15 min cardio warm up T/Th/Sa/Su).

Good luck everyone!

SoBeIt said...

Shalom, Team this is Sonia (sobeit) I finally got around to learning this new blog. Haven't lost any weight, but still fighting to get rid of those bad habits. This week, was physically rough with that time of month. Does anyone have any suggestions in getting over the first day of that painful hump and still try to pull of a workout? Go Purple Go!

Anonymous said...

hey purple team, we need to be posting and talking, commenting, and helping each other. where's our team spirit!! we need to be helping each other with down times and good days. a weight loss tip any one or a good ole receipe. use the tools viola has given us being united is going to be the one thing that will keep us all on track! i know taking time to blog is sometimes hard in everyone's agenda's BUT EACH OF OURSELVES TO LOSE WEIGHT IS A HOT PRIORTY! when i look in the mirror i want to see a slim,confident,woman who no matter obstacles did not stray from my goal and cruise in 2010 to get this fat off! come on purple team its time we all Really unite and give each other some real support. i know for myself reading the blogs and exchanging friendships will help me to overcome the bad days. kate

puertoricancrazy said...

Hope everyone is doing good. I have been working 12 hour days so I have not been able to post as much as I would like. Staying within portions, however not much time to exercise. I have to work tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get a workout in before weigh in on sunday. I am looking for some good healthy low cal lunches that I can take to work with me. Patty

Anonymous said...

patty,
i am so proud of you! staying within portions is a really big thing. Good job! i am retired so i know what you are saying about finding time to do exercise but try this. when you get home take 10 or 15 minutes each day to do something good for YOU. I know that seems impossible especially after a 12 hour shift i have been there and done that But doing that for your self will make you feel good about still trying to lose weight,everyone myself included needs just a little bit of space to --let your mind wander a little,to think about yourself being a much slimmer,sexy,confident,got that goin' on of being a women. You will begin to have that glow of knowing that losing weight is a tough job and YOU are just the person who is up for that task! So-the next time you have worked that long shift Before you sit down in that ole chair at home,get up put them snickers on and go for a 10 minute walk at first you will wonder can i do this but believe you me (been there and felt like that) but after you finish you will feel like a million dollars and you will know that you did something good for you. i started slow on the walking but am now up to 4 miles a day. today i cleaned house for 3 hours and walked for 4 miles but of course i didn't work that 12 hour shift, but i did spend my day with my husband who has colon cancer and that is almost like you in a since, because it can be a very emotional,tiring, journey. LOSING weight is our goal TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS! I'M here for you and all our team, GO purple! kate

SoBeIt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
puertoricancrazy said...

Kate
Thanks so much for all your support, good tips and inspiration. I really needed and appreciated it this week. You know girl, all I think about being is that "slimmer,sexy,confident,got that goin' on of being a women". LOL I will be there one day! I don't know if I lost any more this week. But I have not given up. Baby Steps. Hope to chat with everyone tomorrow and see how well everyone is doing.
Patty

Gini said...

Just wanted to check in. Today is a minor milestone in that my daily weakness has always been a small cup of pb and choc chips, and today I haven't had any at all. I am getting in my exercise and eating slim fast snack bars (they are really good) or Quaker mini delights/mini rice cakes. My kids had hamburgers for dinner and I had a burger patty with veggies. It was just as good and I am still full. I am so close to breaking 200#. Baby steps is the right idea. OK, now we need to hear from someone else. We are all in this together and together we can succeed.

Gini

Linda said...

Great job everyone. We have a great team. We all need to keep up the baby steps, and we will reach our goal. I am a firm believer in making small positive changes instead of large changes that shock your system. It takes time to break all the many bad habits I have developed about eating and exercising.

Kate, you are an inspiration. You stay motivated and are always there to cheer us on. I am glad that you are taking time for yourself, it is very important when you are a caregiver to take care of yourself too.

Patty, I'm with you, baby steps will win this race for us. Just keep on keepin on. Hope your schedule lets up and allows you some me time.

Gini, it is hard to make stuff your family will eat and still stay true to your goals. I know you will break that 200# mark soon. Congrats on curbing those cravings and exercising.

Bobby, 3 pounds, that's great. Sometimes I wonder if having a doctor that knows you so well is good or bad - lol. I know we live in a small town and my doctor took care of my husband since he was a kid, not too mention his father, grandfather, mother, you get the picture.

Gurl68 - thanks for those good tips and positive thoughts. I can't believe how motivated you are too exercise. You make me feel like a better light a fire under my butt! Thanks!

Pizza, thanks for posting on my journal and the good thoughts. I am trying. I hope soon to be an exercising fool like some of you girls.

Sonia, welcome. Hope to see more of you on the boards.

Viola - thanks as usual for all your hard work.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. You are all doing great and I feel so blessed to be on this team with such a great group of people.

Talk to you all at the chat on Wednesday. YES, WE CAN!

Go Purple Go!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone I just joined the team and i'm very lost on what to do..What day do we need to put our percentage weight loss in..

Anonymous said...

hey purple team, we are starting a new week more challenges but same goal. WEIGHT LOSS. I just finished 68 mins of walking roughly 5 miles up from last week of 4 miles. i really struggle getting myself motivated but-- the end will be great and i can't fail my team members so mall here i come! my husband and i were watching the today show this am Jilian from biggest loser show was on. She gave some tips on why 1 out of 7 people never complete or stay with their resolutions. (1) identify why you want a weight loss (2) educate yourself(3) enlist support,our group is a good example (4) change your enviroment try persons with similar interests (5) keep a journal,if it is worth ,be accountable for yourself (6) achieve your goals whether they are big or small. i know it sounds like a real good idea but -
each of us need to do what really makes sense to us on our weight loss journey. each of us are individuals with different paths in life but i felt that jilian did have a good point or two that would help me stay on track so purple team i thought you would enjoy this blog and shared it with you all. god bless you all kate

sings4joy said...

Hi Ya'll

I am finally figuring out the blog spot, etc... It is great reading all the posts! What inspiration! I am working on figuring out how to exercise with a back injury. It is a challenge, many things I took for granted, like simply walking on a treadmill, cause pain.

this is a post I posted today in another section, I think it has merit for all
Indeed, the long haul support is what we all need, this especially true for those of us with 100+ lbs to lose. I believe that many of us have 'dieted' our way to this weight. We go on a diet lose 20, 30, maybe even more but alway always always, as soon as we stop eating the 'diet' , the weight returns. The yo yo cycle is unhealthy and I think imho that the weight is even more difficult to lose again. What to do, how to change? The small victories, are very meaningful, I actually did swim 3 times this week. I chose to eat something healthy and not drink alcohol in a group setting. The scale shows I lost .5 pounds, WOO HOO, I am drinking more water than I have in a very long time. Each little change adds to big changes along the way. This is my hope!

Grace & Peace
sings

Bobbie said...

HI, just a thought. Can we post daily comments instead of this thread. That may be better to keep us cahtting.

Anonymous said...

This was a e-mail to a friend but felt it may help someone else out there... Watch out for slippery places, could sabotage your whole plan. it did mine

RELAPSE ;-( ....

I was doing good untill saturday, went to a Scrapbooking crop, and lost controll with all those goodies, even though I packed me a lunch, and healthly snacks, I ate one high sugar, carmel bar, and that triggered a binge, Sunday I was back on healthly food, but ate everything I could find way to much, then yesterday Monday, I weighed in at 224 that is up from 218 in one week, I know that is not a true gain but still depressing. Monday, I still was eating healthly food, but binged all evening, finally got my self full, but overate and portion control went out the window.

What did I learn, I am a junky, I cant even have just one, that high sugar treat set me on a sprial out of control. I can't (at this point in my life have even one high sugar treat) I just could not stop eating.... then last night I even smoked that was it, 3 cigarettes, after 1 month. I smoked one, through them away and then dug through the trash and smoked three more that wasn't broken. I felt like such a looser.

But back on track this morning. packed my lunch. put on more patches, vowed not to smoke again......

Amazing out out of control my life got from just that slip. I felt out of control in every part of my life, that I have tried to gain control of. so here I go again day one again.... Feel like sh!t. Disapointed in my self for loosing all control, wow how does it happen so fast. Oh well glad I caught it in one day instead of years like before.

Linda said...

Janice - don't beat yourself up. We all mess up, but you got right back on the wagon and that is what is important. It is so hard to not let yourself get out of control, and then when you do it seems like you just want to give up. I am proud of you for getting yourself back together in just one day! That is great! You should be proud of yourself! Linda

Linda said...

I agree with Bobby, it is hard to follow all of the different places people post. I really know nothing about how blogs work, so I don't know how hard it is to do this. You have done such a great job Viola, maybe you have some tips on how to see only the new posts? Linda

The Purple Team said...

Hello Janice, just know we all fall down and lose site of the wagon the challenge is getting up and dusting off... I noticed when I was on the Biggest Loser Blog posting what I had ate daily I did better with my diet because I didn't want to post the wrong food choices I made... I had eaten like I lost my mind on 1/20... I love chips and I know it is a weakness. I had purchase a 100 calorie snack pack.. I ate that and later sat and watched the inauguration with Doritos, chips and just junk... I purchased it with the thought that people would be over to watch it with me... I didn't even bring it out.. I ate more in one day then I ever because I kept telling myself I better eat it now for I am on a diet and tomorrow I will have to quit... Well, I am back on the wagon again and know better.. I am going back to writing down what I eat. I also had my daughter take pictures of me in what the Biggest Loser people take theirs in... (No I did not have a purple outfit sorry.. I had a black sports bra and black shorts) REALITY CHECK!!!!! I looked at the pictures and was like whose that girl! I tell you it put me back on the wagon saddle up and ready for the journey. Right now when I think about cheating that picture flashes across my mind and not to mention my new way of thinking is how much exercise time will I have to spend for eating something I know is wrong.. I know you should have things and treats in moderation, however there are trigger foods which can cause us to binge..

Get up dust off and join me back on the wagon... We are in for a bumpy fun ride... YEE HA

Anonymous said...

Is there going to be a place where we can post our food journals, I am a weight watchers bite and write, If I don't write it down. it is easy for me to selectively forget I actually ate the whole thing ;-) I am having a better day today. looking forward to a winning /loosing week.

Linda said...

I have been using the journal on the team inspire pages. You can have it private or allow friends to see it, which I have done. I am not good at calorie counting, but I at least make a guess at those things I am not sure of. By allowing friends to see it, I am more likely to stay on track, as I don't want anyone to know what a junk food junkie I am - lol.

sings4joy said...

Howdy Ya'll

This is Sings4joy and I would like to introduce myself to this AWeSome Powerful Purple Team. I think it would be a good idea if we all took a turn at intro's.

First thank you thank you thank you Viola! You put the legwork and 'finger work' typing on the 'puter to get all of this started. You are a great leader!.

Second, my inworld, or online name is Sings4joy, because I sing ALOT!
My outworld name, real world name is Patti. I believe we have another Patty, however it is spelled Patty and I am Patti.

I am a Teacher, a Mother of two boys, one a senior in high school and one a freshman. I am a single parent. I am recovering from falling backwards over a 2.5 foot wall at work. My back was injured and I have been working on getting it back to normal.

I am approximately 100 lbs overweight. Yikes how did I let this happen?

I am focused on change, this is my goal, I want to be healthy, My family on both sides have histories of high blood pressure and heart disease. I want my children to be proud of me, I am so proud of them.

I am rambling on, but I want to get to know all of you as we venture along this adventure together.

Grace & Peace
Sings aka Patti

Gini said...

Viola,

You said 7:30p for tonight's chat. Is that Central time?

Anonymous said...

I finally took the time to watch the videos you have posted here, thay are all really incouraging and filled with great information. thanks for your efforts in putting this together.

u_go_gurl68 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
u_go_gurl68 said...

How are we doing as a team? How long is this challenge for and how are all the other teams doing?

We need to keep positive and keeping looking forward to those swimsuits this summer.

One of my favorite songs I listen to on my iPod, when I am working out is "To Legit to Quit", A little old school for some perhaps, but it helps me stay in the game when I think I can't take anymore.

Hang tough sisters, we are all in this together.

Stephanie

sings4joy said...

Howdy ya'll

Patti aka sings4joy checking in...

computer difficulties, only been able to briefly check in from work.
yech!!

additionally bad news on the weigh in.. went up 3.5 lbs. totally disgusted with my self.

not singing much
sings
patti